Run Wild Mini
1 Mile Sprint
Inside the zoo
Metro Richmond Zoo, VA
8:00 am start
About the Mini
1 Mile Mini Sprint Thru the Zoo
Join us and run wild through the Metro Richmond Zoo for a 1 mile Mini sprint! Run Wild Mini is available for all ages, but awards are only given out for children ages 4-11.
The majority of this course goes through the pathways of the zoo and includes a few all-terrain sections (gravel 5%, grass 20%, dirt 5%, pavement 70%). Parents can run with their children, but will also require a ticket. Children 3 and under do not need a ticket. Strollers are permitted but must be able to handle all-terrain.
Run Wild Mini is one of 3 fundraiser events hosted at the Metro Richmond Zoo. Be sure to spot rhinos, zebras, cheetahs and other zoo animals along the race path! After you cross the finish line, each participant can visit the Zoo for FREE! Any spectators that come with you will receive a 10% discount off their zoo admission tickets for race day.
Next Race day countdown
Run wild mini
The Race Details
- Metro Richmond Zoo
- 1 mile loop through the inside of the zoo!
- Course makeup (gravel 15%, grass 5%, dirt 5%, pavement 75%).
- Twice a year in spring and fall
- Next Fall Race:
- Saturday, September 30th 2023 at 8:00am
- Next Spring Race:
- Saturday, May 6th 2023 at 8:00am
- Entry to race
- Race bib (Race will now be timed)
- Finishers Medal
- Event t-shirt
- FREE same day ticket into zoo
- Post race refreshments
- Support Animal Conservation
- This 1 mile sprint is available for all ages, but awards are only given out for children ages 4-11.
- Mini sprinters must be at least 4 years old to run.
- Mini Sprinters 4-7 years old must have a Mini Race ticketed chaperone run with them.
- (Parents may designate a responsible older sibling or friend to participate with their kids ages 4-7.)
- The beginning and end of the course
- Parking is FREE. Please follow parking attendants as they will guide all runners/spectators into a designated parking lot.
Zoo Member Discount
If you are a current Zoo Member, follow the prompt at the end of registration to receive $5 off your entry.
Zoo Members must provide their membership card for validation on race day at the check-in; otherwise you will be charged the remaining $5 fee before race entry.
Early Registration Discount
Sign up early for the best discount!
Sign up for any 2 Run Wild events and receive a $10 discount. (only one event shirt is provided)
Sign up for all 3 Run Wild events and receive a $15 discount. (only one event shirt is provided)
*This discount cannot be combined with the Team or Ninja Kid Discounts.
Create a team and invite friends and family to join. The following discount applies to all team members once the 10th member registers:
Mini – $3
5k – $5
Ninja – $8
The previous 9 registrants will be refunded the amount listed above.
*This discount cannot be combined with the Multi-Event or Ninja Kid Discounts.
RACE DAY PROCEDURES
Pre-race packet pickup: Friday, September 29th, 2023 from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at the Metro Richmond Zoo.
Race-day packet pickup: Saturday, September 30th, 2023 from 7:00 am – 7:45 am.
Spectators can attend the Run Wild Races event free of charge. Spectators can receive a 10% discount on admission tickets the day of the race when entering with their racer.
Designated Spectator Zones
- Start and Finish Line Field
- Spectators may bring lawn chairs to set up in the finish line field.
- Each course is designed to provide spectators easy visibility of the runners for several hundred yards before they cross the finish line.
All race participants will receive a free same day Zoo admission ticket with the purchase of any Run Wild Race ticket.
- Zoo ticket will be valid for the day of the race only.
- Zoo ticket may only be redeemed after race completion.
- Spectators can receive a 10% discount on admission tickets the day of the race when entering with their racer.
- Spectators cannot enter into the Zoo with a discounted entry before their participant has completed the race.
- Race wristbands are your admission into the race and the zoo.
- If a racer presents a cut, broken, or missing wrist band they will be denied access into the zoo.
RESPECT THE ZOO
Please be respectful of the Metro Richmond Zoo property, animals, and exhibits. No climbing over fences, leaving the trail, smoking, shouting, taunting animals, or playing music from speakers. We reserve the right to remove you from the race without a refund if you fail to follow these guidelines.
Run Wild Mini: For the safety of the animals, some will remain indoors (off exhibit) while racers run by their exhibits. These animals will be back on exhibit for the normal zoo hours.
The Winners Prize
For three age groups: 4-7 & 8-11 & 12-14
Register to Race!
Register soon for the best price!